From time to time, you may have to replace the headlight bulb of a Chevy S10 truck because the bulb burns out from use or is damaged. Replacing the low beam h7 headlight bulb, Chevy S10 can do in just a few minutes. The S10 designed for fairly simple access to the headlight bulb, with a mounting rod system that holds the headlight in position. You can replace the h7 headlight bulbs led yourself, which saves you the time and money of having a mechanic do the work for you.
1. Open the hood of the Chevrolet S10 truck and locate the two mounting rods in the frame above the headlight that needs to replace. Unhook the rods with a socket wrench, pulling the rods completely out of the frame.
2. Pull the headlight out of the frame with your hand from the front of the vehicle. Locate the electrical wiring harness at the rear of the headlight and disconnect the harness by hand, pulling it out.
3. Locate the headlight bulb inside the headlight that needs to be replaced and remove the lamp socket, turning it counterclockwise. You need to press on the bulb and turn it into the socket until the bulb is released.
4, Place the new h7 car light bulb in the socket, press, and turn until the bulb is locked in position. Attach the headlight socket, placing it on the headlight and turning the socket until it clicks into place.
5. Replace the electrical wiring harness to the bulb by hand. Place the headlight back on the vehicle frame and slide the mounting rods into position.
6. Secure the mounting bars on the headlights of the S10 truck by using the socket wrench until they are tight.